Sunday, 7 August 2011

Just About Me 40

I started out in 1956 and have now reached 2011, when I think of the innovations in my reasonably short existence it just amazes me, In England where I live, one thing that has been consistent is The Queen, one of them, we have gone from two black and white TV channels to over 100 in colour some are HD and some are 3D, three lions have won the football and rugby world cups, four major conflicts involving the British Army, the VHS Recorder has been and gone along with the CD player, spangles, the aztec bar, baggy trousers, brutus shirts, crombie overcoats, three wheel vans. I have had ten addresses, lived through 11 US presidents and 12 Prime Ministers, I have owned a three wheel tricycle, subbuteo, spirograph, a Johnny seven gun, Bjorn Borg socks, at least eleven motor cars. I have seen my football team go from being fairly good to absolute rubbish and now they are considered one of the top teams in Europe. I have seen my daughter grow into a young lady going into her second year of high school, and watched my wife grow from a shy seventeen year old girl into a confident forty five year old woman. I am lucky that I sill have my Mum and Dad with me, and can honestly say that I have never fallen out with my two brothers in the whole of my adult life. I have in my eyes lived a really exciting life, I have earned fortunes and spent the lot, they say you can not take it with you, I have also heard the saying money does not bring you happiness, but never from a rich person. The future, who knows, I just hope my daughter has a long and happy life with her health intact, but as my friend David Draper always says "There's a lot of football still to be played"

No comments:

Post a Comment