Monday, 11 July 2011

Just About Me

Okay whats all this about, well I read a blog by my friend Gemma Mortimer and felt inspired. My name is Paul Martin Allen and in the tone of Forrest Gump they call me Paul Martin Allen, or just plain Paul.

I was born in 1956, July to be exact, in Parsons Green Clinic, in Fulham, London SW6. My mother Mary and my Father Ron all lived at No 4 Cedarne Road, Fulham with my maternal grandfather Albert Martin.

We soon all moved into a prefab at No 4 Reportan Road, Fulham. A prefab was a purpose built building, built to replace houses that were bombed and destroyed in World War 2. The picture (left) is very similar to the one we lived in.

In November 1958, my brother Colin David Allen was born in the same clinic as myself and in 1959 my Grandfather Albert passed away but I honestly do not remember too much about either of these events happening.


My school days began in September 1961, at Munster Road Primary School in Fulham, a quick bit about Fulham because it has just occurred to me that some of you may well be outside the UK, Fulham is a town within England's capital city London. It is now a fairly affluent place to live and has a real community feel about it. Back to 1961, what I remember of Munster Road School is only good, I remember receiving a book as a prize called " Little Red Wing " I still have this book to this day.

In June 1962 my youngest brother Andrew Graham Allen was born, now this event I do remember, my dad looked after us both as my mum went off to St Stephens Hospital in Fulham Road, SW3 to give birth, well that's how it seemed to me at 6 years of age but I reckon there must have been more to it than that.
My recollection of coming home from school to be greeted by my mum who leapt out to surprise us and to be pointed in the direction of a large pram in the garden containing my new baby brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment