Monday, 8 August 2011

Just About Me - The Forgotten Bits 2

Around 1986, I was indoors with Mandy and actually getting ready for bed at the time, I had the most excruciating pain in my lower back, I tried to rub it and manipulate it but it just made it worse, I tried having a bath but nothing would shift it. So I told Mandy to call for an ambulance, when it arrived the medical team suggested that I sit in a wheelchair and be taken too the ambulance, I just got up and walked down the stairs informing them that it would be quicker. We arrived at the A&E dept at St Charles Hospital, W10 and was taken straight in to a an observation unit, they could not administer any pain killing drugs because at that time they did not know what the problem was, I now know it to be Kidney Stones, by now I was stark naked and laying on my side and a female doctor appeared with a large tub of K Y Jelly, as she started fumbling about with my rear end I shouted "Mandy, Mandy" she replied "What is it love" I then said "Your right, it does hurt" even the doctor laughed.

Another time we had to visit the hospital, was for Mandy who was having an Asthma attack, we went into A&E and they decided to give her a nebulisor, she was laying there with the face mask on and a big cylinder of oxygen, the doctor asked me to come in and could I give her a bit of support, he then threw me out for chanting "Come On Mandy", I promise that this is a true story.



Written By Paul Martin Allen - Between 10th July 2011 to 8th August 2011 

No comments:

Post a Comment