Wednesday, 27 July 2011

Just About Me 22

One night in 1986 Mandy had just got in bed when somebody opened our letterbox and shouted through it, because you become public property when you are the caretaker of the block, I hurtled towards the door and would have gone a bit mad at them, but they had escaped. This incident made up my mind, we were buying a dog, not any old dog but a Rottweiler, then when these mugs shouted through the letterbox the dog would bite there nose's off. We scoured the Exchange and Mart magazine for Rottweiler's for sale and found a guy in Dagenham selling pup's at £200 each, Brian Palmer drove us over there and we bought a 3 month old male Rottweiler Puppy, we named him Sargent and no one ever shouted through the letterbox again, as the dog grew we realised just how big a Rottweiler can grow, he went about 10 stone fully grown. When we walked him if he wanted to go somewhere you went there too, he even pulled Mandy over once, but he was the probably the softest dog ever, but no one but us really knew that as will become evident later.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rottweiler

We had decided to get married on May 23rd 1987, but the week before my stag night took place, this was a shock to me as I had stipulated that I did not want one, a few weeks prior my future Brother In Law Paul Sime had asked me if I could be the Doorman for a book signing by the society gossip columnist Nigel Dempster, I agreed and he then said they needed two and could I organise this. I asked my brother Colin if he fancied working with me, it was taking place on Thursday May 14th 1987 at a restaurant in Kensington. On the night I got myself suited and booted and was horrified that Colin had not brought a tie and had to lend a jacket from me, we left to get there when Colin said that he fancied a pint before we went, I went mad at him telling him how unprofessional this would be, he totally ignored me and walked into the pub on the estate, I was fuming and followed him in to be greeted by my Dad,my Uncle Wally, my Brother Andrew and several other friends of mine. I had been conned there was no Nigel Dempster job, just an elaborate hoax to have a stag night, I got absolutely hammered and was stripped stark naked by my future Brother In Laws, Paul and Dennis and my Brothers Colin and Andrew and walked across the estate I worked and lived on in the nude to my waiting fiancee. Mandy had to go in the pub every day for the next week to retrieve articles of my clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment